Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rykers surgery

Oh how I am glad this day has come on gone! Ryker was born with what is called a sebaceous nevi. Its a type of mole that can be cancerous once puberty hits. The drs recommended us taking it sometime before then or now because he wont remember the surgery. So we took there advice and had them remove it! I have been worried about this mole his whole 7 months of life...(I know weird, me worry???...hahah right!)He would often scratch it til it would bleed so I knew it must be irritating him. So we made the appointment and off it came! He had to fast for 8 hours!!! I was a little nervous about this because that is a long time for a babe who doesn't understand why he is starving and no one is feeding him, but he did awesome! Luckily, his appointment was at 8:45 Monday morning so he wasn't awake for an extremly long time without being feed. The staff were amazing and really helped ease my stress and worry! When we first got there we were taken into a room where they took Rykers vital signs and where I changed him into his little scrubs-too cute! They were just tiny! Then we met with the anesthesilogist, the surgery nurse and finally the dr. They explained to us what was going to happen. The anesthesilogist walked with us to a certain point then he said okay from here I will take Ryker. My heart sank,the river of tears came a flowin, we said our I love you's and off he went with some stranger...needless to say that was the most difficult part! Mike and I headed off to the cafeteria where we enjoyed some sweet rolls that some of our friends brought to us...thank you Bell's, they were delicious! We then headed back to the waiting room and waited for about 10 min before they called us back into the consiltation room. The dr said that they were able to get all of it and he is doing great! Yay!!! This was music to my ears! I was then able to go to the post op room and see my sweet boy! When I walked back into where he was and saw him laying on the bed drinking his bottle I was overwhelmed with the love that I have for this sweet little boy. The nurses were laughing and asked if he was mine. I said yes he is! They said he is the best baby, when he woke up from the anesthesia he was laughing, singing and talking. This brought a smile to my face because this is exactly how my little guy is when he wakes up! I was then able to pick him up and hold him. He head bobbing around, it was funny! We then moved into the recovery room where Mike was able to join us. We were there for about 30 min then we were able to come home! I am so grateful for the prayers that were answered and that our little guy is home, safe and doing very very well! I am SO glad this day is over with! I feel so blessed to live by such an amazing childrens hospital! Thanks for all the prayers,love and support that was shown to our little family on this day!

16 comments:

Tay and Ash said...

He is so so cute!!! I'm glad everything went well!!!

Sara Jane said...

Yeah Ryker! He is such a doll! I still can not get over he woke up singing! He is the happiest baby ever! I am glad it is all over for you!

Kyle, Whitney, Ezra & Jovi said...

Im glad everything went so well for the little guy! What a little champ, he is so adorable!

aellis said...

What a relief! Im so glad the surgery went well and that you got through it! We need to get our little ones together to play!

Erika + Sean said...

OMG - I can't imagine going through that. You guys are CHAMPS! I can't believe how big he is! We should all get together sometime soon.

p.s. While doing some spring cleaning last week, I totally found our old softball team photo...

Lori said...

Glad everything went well he is such a cute little boy!

Maranda said...

I would be a mess taking my child in for surgery. I'm so glad it went well. That's too cute that he woke up laughing and smiling. Sounds like something Kamryn would probably do. Ryker is getting so big and is adorable!

Rick and Angie said...

Heather and Mike - we are so glad everything went well!! It's good to hear he is recovering so well and he did so well afterwards. He is such a sweetie. Sure love that little guy.

Thomas Family said...

What a handsome little guy!!!

Jenna feels a special bond for people that are patients at PCMC...since it seems to be her home away from home. She had so many questions about this because she has had surgery there too.

We are glad that it is over and everything went so well. PCMC is such a good place to have in the community, but it is scary to actually have to use it.

Brian and Britnie Olsen said...

I am glad you found us, now we can get updates!! Ryker is adorable and such a trooper. I can't even imagine, I would be traumatized if it were Brooklyn getting surgery at 7 months old.

Mike and Lisa said...

I'm glad that everything went well with Ryker's surgery!

Sara said...

I am so glad that is over! What a champ! That was great that he woke up singing and smiling! I hope you are all continuing to do well!
Love ya!

marenj said...

Phew!!! :)

Carlie said...

Heather he is so cute! I can't believe how much he looks like you two! I am glad everything went good. :)

Carlie said...

I didnt know your last name was Biesinger thats crazy! My husbands family is from the springville area. Looks like you are doing really well! Your baby is so cute!

Carlie said...

Oh and I am still living up in Logan! :)