Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy One Year!!!!

Yesterday was our ONE year anniversary! I can't believe that it has already been one year! Where has the time gone?! Seriously, it seems just like yesterday that we got engaged. But now it has been one year and we are having a baby too! Life just goes by way too fast!
Mike and I decided that each year we are going to switch off and plan what we do for our anniversary. This year I voluntered to plan it since Mike planned our honeymoon. I planned it all and kept it a secret until the night of! I can't believe that I was able to pull it off because I tend to have a hard time keeping surprises! :)But on Tuesday when Mike got home from work I blind folded him and drove up to Solitude where we stayed a night in the resort up there. I made enchiladas,rice, and a raspberry jello salad one of his favorite meals. For dessert I ordered cookies just like the ones we had at our wedding. Wednesday morning we ate breakfast at Silver Fork Lodege. Neither one of us had been there before so it was a fun time! We went back to our condo and Mike got in the hot tub while I dangled my feet in the water since it is a little to hot for little Junior. To top off our day we did ceilings at the Salt Lake Temple, since that was the temple we got married in and then had dinner at the Garden. Im grateful that we got married a year ago and not yesterday do to the rain and the cold. Not that our day was that much warmer, but hey atleast we didnt have rain.
I am so thankful for the past year and for the opportunities Mike and I have been able to share with one another. I am so grateful for him and for the loving, kind, patient, thoughtful person that he is. I truly am so blessed to have him for Eternity..."Eternity Baby....Eternity"! Happy One Year Mike....with many, many, many more to come! :)I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow! I love you Mike!

9 comments:

Maranda said...

Oh...Happy Anniversary! You are so good to surprise him. Looks like you guys had a good time. Can't wait for you to have that baby!

aellis said...

Happy anniversary! Im jealous that you were able to do something so fun! We had Eisley already for our first, so we just went to dinner and a movie : (...enjoy these last moments of just the two of you!

The Biesingers said...

Congrats! You two are so cute together! :)

Joy said...

Happy anniversary! It looks like you had a great time. I am in town right now, we should see eachother! I would love to see your baby bump. :)

Puerto Rican Gringa said...

What good ideas! I think we should switch off! I really miss not seeing you after I dropped Tyler off! You look so cute and I'm excited for you guys! Good luck with everything and keep in touch!

Matt & Darla said...

Congratulations, Heather! I'm glad I was able to share the BIG DAY with you guys a year ago, and I'm glad that I can continue to share in your lives. You guys at GREAT! We sure do love ya!

Thomas Family said...

Happy anniversary to the little love birds!! That condo looks nice. Solitude is so pretty. Glad you had a fun time.

Sara said...

Congratulations! That is so great that you have been married one year, are expecting a baby and will all be together for Eternity!
That sounds like a really fun aniversary! Woohoo!

Alicia Phillips said...

oh so cute I am so happy for you guys! Baby boys are the best!!!! I need your# so i can bring you your gift!